We had our growing-up stage of life; then our stage of relationships, children and careers. In our 50’s, we embarked on the third stage – our adventurous age.
This travel blog is based on the diaries I keep as we go about our adventuring. Friends and family have read some of these hand written records, over the years, and commented that they should be more widely shared.
It is intended that the structure of the blog will enable you, the reader, to find your way to the parts that interest you. The Older Travel Diaries option at the top of this page has a drop-down menu for each of the years for which there are diary entries. The years currently cover:
- 1998: Western District of Victoria; ACT; NSW & Qld coasts to Cape York; Qld.
- 1999: SE Qld; NSW & Vic coast; Mildura; Flinders Ranges; Oodnadatta Track; Central Australia; Simpson Desert; Gawler Ranges; Melbourne; Tasmania.
- 2000: Tasmania; Melbourne; inland NSW; inland Qld; NT; Kimberley & northern WA; coastal WA; Nullarbor; SA.
- 2001: a short tent-based trip to Currawinya National Park, Yowah, Tibooburra, White Cliffs.
- 2002: 9 months in Qld including assorted itinerant employment.
- 2003: 6 months, mostly in Qld, working at Adels Grove; Pungalina in NT.
- 2004: 5 months, mostly in WA, but also SA and NT andSW Victoria.
- 2005: 8 months, mostly in NT, but also Qld; Birdsville Track; Broken Hill.
- 2006: 9 months in Qld, NT, WA.
As this blog is being built, years will be added, until it reaches the current one.
I am always happy to answer travel related questions, that might assist others to follow a similar adventurous lifestyle, or to receive feedback – use the Comments section.
Maps and satellite images are courtesy of Google Maps.